Eric J. Dirga, P.A.

A Florida Trial Attorney

Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Cases

733 West Colonial Drive, Orlando 32801 - 407.434.1858

Florida Pardons; Executive Clemency

Florida Full and Limited Pardons

Information provided by Eric J. Dirga, P.A., Orlando - Statewide Service

Last Updated: August 21, 2016

The Governor has the unfettered discretion to deny clemency at any time, for any reason. The Governor, with the approval of at least two members of the Clemency Board, has the unfettered discretion to grant, at any time, for any reason, the follwing forms of clemency.

Three Types of Pardons in Florida; Differences

Full Pardon

A full pardon unconditionally releases you from punishment and forgives guilt for any Florida conviction. It will restore all of your rights of citizenship you possessed before being convicted including the right to bear arms.

Pardon Without Firearm Authority

A pardon without firearm authority releases you from punishment and forgives guilt. It restores all your rights of citizenship except for the right to bear arms.

Pardon for Misdemeanor

A pardon on a misdemeanor releases you from punishment and forgives guilt. It does not restore any rights because a misdemeanor conviction will not cause you to lose any rights.


In order to apply you must have:

  • Completed all sentences imposed for most recent felony conviction.
  • Completed all supervision requirements and supervision is over/ended.
  • Ten (10) years must have passed since the end of supervision/sentence.

Additionally, you cannot have:

  • Any outstanding detainers.
  • Any pecuniary penalties or liabilities that total more than $1,000 resulting from a criminal or traffic infraction.
  • Any outstanding victim restitution.

Additionally, it is always good to have some way of showing the board that you have made changes for the better. We can discuss these things when you decide to hire us to represent you.

Corrections/Errors; Questions

The purpose of publishing this information is to help judges, attorneys and non-lawyers better understand this area of law. We appreciate any input that may further this goal.

Found an error or want to suggest a correction for this page? Please inform us by emailing us at Corrections And Errors.

If you have a question about representation on a criminal case you can email us at Question About Representation.

If you want to suggest a new or old case that we have not listed on this website please submit the complete bluebook case citation to Suggest Case Law.

If you found any information I have provided on this webpage helpful please click my Plus+1 button so that others may also find it.

Contact Us - Click Here