Florida law allows the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles [DMV] to suspend your driver’s license in several ways. All license suspensions are serious. They are:
- Financial Responsibility – FR Suspension
- Court Ordered Suspensions
- Point Suspensions
- Administrative Suspensions – Bad Act Suspension
If your driver’s license is suspended or will be soon, you need to take immediate action.
Florida Drivers License Suspensions: Causes; Defenses; Solutions
Most people do not know why their driver’s license has been suspended until it happens to them. The DMV sends you a notice that either indicates that your license was suspended on a certain date or will be suspended on a certain date.
Contact My Office Before Paying Off Tickets
If your driver’s license has or will be suspended, you need to act fast. Delay can make it harder for you to reinstate your driver’s license in the future. HOWEVER, do not just start paying off old tickets. This can backfire and make things much worse!
Contact me before you do anything so that we can do this the right way, protecting your ability to drive and keeping you from digging a deeper hole.
Do Not Drive While Your Driver’s License is Suspended
While your driver’s license is suspended, do not drive. Knowingly driving with a suspended driver’s license is a criminal offense in Florida.
License Suspensions Do’s and Dont’s
If you have been cited for knowingly or unknowingly driving while your driver’s license was suspended:
- Don’t start paying off old traffic tickets.
- Don’t drive while your license is suspended.
- Do a Driver’s License (DL) check on yourself.
- Make a plan.
Below are links to more information about driver’s license suspensions:
- Why your driver’s license is suspended.
- What to do if you get a Driving While License Suspended ticket.
- What is a Business License Only driver’s license.
- DWLS Case Law.
Quick Contact For Suspended License Issues
Please include the information you are comfortable with providing us. We use the cell number to confirm email transmission.