Your driver’s license is one of your most valuable possessions. It is important to make sure you maintain its valid status. If you are worried about it possibly being suspended you should probably do a driver’s license check before you decide to drive.
How To Check If Drivers License Is Suspended
There are a couple of ways to check your driver’s license status. You could call or visit the DMV or just look up your status on their very good website (see link below). You’ll need to know your driver’s license number and the information you gain is quite impressive.
If Your License Is Suspended
If you get to the information indicating your license is suspended – copy it and send it to me at my email address. Include a phone number. I’ll take a look at it and let you know what can be done.
What To Do If Your License Is Suspended
If your driver’s license is suspended or revoked there are several things you must do:
- First, do not drive. If you are caught driving knowing your license is suspended it is a criminal offense.
- Second, look carefully at the information on the page showing the status of your license. The DL Check will tell you why it is suspended or revoked.
- Finally, start a plan on how you will fix this and How to Get Your Driver’s License Back.
- Above all, DO NOT JUST START PAYING OFF UNPAID TICKETS. That is the surest way to find yourself in a deeper hole than when you started.
Do Not Drive Until Your Drivers License Has Been Reinstated
The number one thing to remember is not to drive if your license has been suspended. More people go to jail for this daily than any other offense. If that happens you then have to deal with the cost of defending yourself in court and the costs grow exponentially.
Contact Me For More Information
More information about tickets and driver’s licenses:
- Speeding Tickets
- Careless Driving (Accident) Tickets
- Red Light Camera Tickets
- Commercial Driver’s License Issues
- Toll Tickets
- Suspended Driver’s License Issues