The use of the term “expungement,” on this page, is meant to include the term “sealing” unless explicitly noted otherwise.
In order to make it more convenient and faster for my clients, the Expungement fee includes:
- Legal fee.
- Costs to obtain necessary documentation from the Court.
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement Fee.
- Invoice/Filing Fees.*
*Maximum $100. This DOES NOT include unpaid court costs that were originally due on the case or any additional fees over $100 due to multiple defendants or any other reason.
What the Expungement fee does not include:
- Cost for running a Criminal History. (You should do this and email a copy to me before you hire me.)
- Notary and fingerprint costs.
- The In-person Hearing fee, if necessary. (If remote appearance is allowed there is no fee.)
- Money owed to the court originating from the original case.
- Certified Mailing of final documents (Optional for $65), otherwise sent via First Class USPS.
The Total Fee is $1,398*
The total fee, excluding the cost noted above, is $1,398. We do provide a discount that is explained at the bottom of this page, under “Alternative Payments; Discount.”
*Certain types of rare offenses that are determined to be “eligible” to seal may cost more due to the nature of the offense and the “anticipated” response from the State.
If you already have your Certificate of Eligibility from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, My fee to finish the process is a one time $700.00 payment.
Once we have determined that you are eligible, we will send you an email that includes a link to make your initial or full payment.
To get started, we have a few options.
- You can pay the full price up front (1,398.00), or;
- You can pay the “initial” payment ($466.00) to get started.
If you decide to do payments, you will be notified of when the next payment is due. The schedule looks like this:
- Initial payment to get started – $466.
- Payment when we are ready to file paperwork to FDLE – $466. This is done after you return the application to us. (This is approximately 1-2 months from the start.)
- Payment when ready to file Petition to the Court – $466. This is done when we receive the Certificate of Eligibility from FDLE. (This is approximately 3-4 months after the start.)
Note: We notify you that the payment is due. However, you have as long as you need to make the payment. We will not proceed until payment is received and this gives you the flexibility you may need. The one exception is when the final payment is due. At that point, you have about a year to make the payment. You can always pay the remainder due at any time.
In-Person Hearing Fee
Hearings are usually not required.
If the State Attorney’s Office objects to the granting of the petition, then we must have a hearing.
There are some counties that require a hearing each time, even when the State Attorney does not object.
If a hearing is required and we are required to appear in-person or you want me to appear in-person (if optional), there is an additional hearing fee. The amount of this fee is determined by county and specific case.
Go to our Record Expungement LOCATIONS page and click on the County where your case originates for more information on particular County fees, including the hearing fee.
Obtaining Certified Copies of Documents
Our legal fee includes obtaining certified copies of existing documents you may need for your records after your case has been sealed or expunged. We can only obtain documents that the Clerk of Court still maintains. We send you these at the completion of your case. This is important for people that are:
- Seeking employment with an Entitled Entity.
- Want to apply to the Florida Bar.
- Not a United States Citizen.
We strongly suggest that YOU also obtain certified copies of your court documents before your record has been sealed or expunged. We do not guarantee obtaining all the documents you may need in the future after your record has been expunged.
We review your case before accepting any money to ensure that you “qualify” to have your record expunged. (See, Expungement Qualification) Once you hire us to expunge your record, there are no refunds (unless we have made an error regarding your eligibility based on the information you provided).
What “Is” and “Is Not” Included with Representation
When you hire us to expunge or seal your record the legal representation includes:
- the preparation, document creation, and filing of the petition and required documents;
- attendance at a hearing, if required.
- If FDLE denies your Certificate of Eligibility, we will also discuss remedies, which are often available, and try to correct FDLE’s error if capable of being accomplished by simple communication and local research.
The fee does not include extraordinary writs, appeals or repeating the procedure.
-An extraordinary writ is a document that is filed to force an agency to comply. These are required to be served/filed within a very short period and take a lot of work.
-An appeal is the only remedy if the court denies your petition with prejudice.
-The necessity to repeat the procedure for any reason to include expiration of the Certificate of Eligibility, failure to fully pay the fee, or court denial without prejudice to refile.
Alternative Payment; Discount Savings
If you pay with cash (meaning cash, money order, cashiers check) the fee is discounted. The total fee is $1,200 and the payment amounts are $400 each. This requires sending the payment by mail and can slow down the process only slightly.
Mix and Matching
If you decide to pay one payment in cash and then the next by credit or debit card, the corresponding fee applies. For example, first payment is by cash for $400.00. You decide to make the second payment using a credit card. That payment is $466.00.
Understand, the fee is $1,398.00. We are not charging you a higher fee for using credit or debit cards. That is the fee and you are more than welcome to pay that amount with cash if you so desire.
Additionally, we accept other types of payment as well, including metals and cryptocurrency and other forms of payment. The details will be added here soon. Ask for more information.
For More Information